newbie question about kernel networking

hi people ,
my question is simple :
if i use some packet injection library like libnet to send a packet from
host A to host B , and libpcap to capture packets and monitor all network
traffik.
let's say i send TCP SYN packet (like if my host is establishing a TCP
connection with host B ), the host may answer with a SYN packet accepting
my connection , then two possibilities :

1 - the kernel will send RST packet to the host B coz the SYN packet from
host B be is assimilated as connection establishment
    request to a non existant service.
2 - the libpcap tool im using acts as a service and the kernel just
deliver the SYN packet from B to my sniffing tool without
    taking any action like in 1.

in case 1 the kernel will generate an extra trafic i dont need .
in case 2 it acts transparently.

i think that case 2 is more correct , but i'm not sure.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Regards.
--
  Saber Zrelli