Re: String Replace

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 02:58:24PM -0500, Patrick Ahler wrote:
> UDP protocol (port 53), DNS

Oh boy.  DNS is particularly fun to muck around with.  The "message
compression" scheme (see RFC 1035 4.1.4) makes it very complex to properly
change resolver packets.  I started writing a pair of resolver modules when
Verisign implemented their "site finder" abomination, but abandoned the
project when they discontinued it.  If there is interest, perhaps I can pick
up the project again.

--
"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to
lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the