iptables bridge filter question

Hello All,

I have setup a bridging firewall. I want to drop packets on the external interface, which have source addresses on my internal network. However, the firewall/bridge sits between my T1 router and the rest of my LAN. Is there a way to drop the packets mentioned previously, but allow the router? I guess a rule could be created that uses the routers mac address as a match. I've been playing around with this, but I'm not getting the result I want. I could sure use some advice on this.

[ LAN xx.xx.xx.0/24 ]<==>[ bridge/firewall ]<==>[ router xx.xx.xx.254/24 ]

Thanks in advance,
Gerry