RE: Need to upgrade iptables package ???

> I have Linux Red Hat 9 / Kernel 2.4.20-8 / iptables 1.2.7a
>
> This iptables version doesn't have the libipt_string module
> to analyse and filter certain packet strings.

You need to patch the kernel for that.

> I ask you: can I download only the libipt_string module and
> install it on /lib/iptables or do I have to download a newer
> iptables version packet and upgrade my 1.2.7a one ???
>
> I'm not an expert so I need the easiest way, and I need to
> know where I can fetch it.

Normally you would perform these steps :
- Download a new kernel, POM and iptables.
- Patch the kernel with the functionality from POM that you need.
- Compile and install the new kernel.
- Compile and install the new iptables.

Gr,
Rob