POM trouble w/ TARPIT compile?

Hi,

I have a stock RH9 machine, installed with "Install Everything" checked.
It's running kernel 2.4.20.  I am trying to get TARPIT to work.  The POM
apparently went fine, but then I run make xconfig and although I SEE the
Tarpit option until the netfilter options, it is grayed out so I'm
unable to select it.  I have tried to add everything I can find, in
hopes of stumbling on something that is a prerequisite that I'm missing,
but so far I'm having no luck.

Anyone seen this?  Any ideas?

Alternatively, has anyone gotten Tarpit to work w/ kernel 2.6.x?  I see
that the POM is for 2.4 only; or at least that's what I read...

Thanks in advance!

-Steve