Re: forwarding rule (internal webserver) HELLPP!!

--- Alexander Samad <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 11:10:20AM -0800, arif
> wrote:
> > Anyone know why the following rule does not work
> when
> > i use SNAT but does when i use MASQUERADE??
> >
> > /sbin/iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp -d
> 63.x.x.x
> > --dport 80 -j DNAT --to 10.0.0.3:80
> >
> > When I use the following rule, the previous rule
> > works:
> > /sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j
> > MASQUERADE
> >
> > but when i do it like this, i just get a
> connection
> > refused from the outside:
> > /sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s
> 10.0.0.0/24 -o
> > eth0 -j SNAT --to-source 63.203.63.246
>
> Not sure if its a typo MASQ is for eth1 and the SNAT
> is for eth0
>

> > Both work as far as NAT'ing my internal hosts, but
> > cant get the darn forward to work! thanks!! :)

yes, you are correct, i made a typo - the MASQ rule
should read:
/sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j
MASQUERADE

i still can't get this port forward to work no matter
what i try with SNAT, i guess i will just use
masquerade although i really wish i knew why i can't
get it to work with SNAT :(