Re: transparent proxy

On Monday 15 March 2004 9:19 am, Fredrik Emil Jensen wrote:

> Hey
>
> I'm currently using squid and squidGuard for redirection. Setting up the
> rules:
>
> Iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 0/0 --dport 80
> -j REDIRECT --to-ports 3128
>
> But does anyone know what to do if you want to use iptables to bypass
> squid with single IP address?

Yes, put a rule above that one in the PREROUTING chain which matches the
source address you don't want to be REDIRECTed, and jump out of the chain:

iptables -I PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp -s 192.168.1.10 --dport 80 -j ACCEPT

That will match a single address, 192.168.1.10, TCP port 80, and make sure the
following REDIRECT rule is not activted.   Note the "-I" to insert the rule
at the top of the list, instead of the more common "-A" which appends to the
end of the list.

Regards,

Antony.

--
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no
difference, whereas in practice there is.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.