iptables acting as a TCP proxy

Hi :)

Sorry to bring this here since I've done it before based on info on the
web, but I can't find the info this time round :(

Basically, we're moving a webserver from hosting in-house to a data
centre, so whilst the DNS is propogating, I'd like to use our firewall
to proxy port 80 requests destined for the now-defunct old IP, to the
new external IP.

I know this means wasting a lot of bandwidth, but there should be plenty
left over once the webserver is no longer in the building.

I seem to remember the solution was a pair of rules using the mangle
table and SNAT / DNAT, but try as I might, I can't find it with Google.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Gavin.