Re: Problem seperating FTP & ms-streaming traffic

> > I have a problem allowing forwarding of passive internal ftp traffic and,
> > at the same time disallowing ms-streaming (port 1755).
> >
> > Whenever I allow the passive ftp, it also allows ms-streaming going
> > through.
> >
> > My rules are:
> >
> > iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -s local_lan --sport
> > highports --dport ftp -j ACCEPT
> > iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -s local_lan
> > --sport highports --dport highports -j ACCEPT
>
> Those cannot be all of your rules.
>
> Show us the rest of the rules and we might be able to suggest something.
>
> Antony.

You are right, of course, there are a lot more rules, but those are the ones
that opens up ms-streaming traffic. Well, the complete set of rules I use
for passive ftp is actually:

# Accept port 21 out
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -s local_lan
--sport highports -d all_hosts --dport ftp -j ACCEPT -i eth1    # eth1 = Internal nic

#Accept reply on port 21 in
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m state --state ESTABLISHED -d local_lan
--dport highports -s all_hosts --sport ftp -j ACCEPT -i eth0    # eth0 = External nic

# Accept high-port to high-port out
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -s local_lan
--sport highports -d all_hosts --dport highports -j ACCEPT -i eth1

# Accept high-port to high-port reply in
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m state --state ESTABLISHED -d local_lan
--dport highports -s all_hosts --sport highports -j ACCEPT -i eth0

When I uncomment these four iptables commands, ms-streaming passes
through. When commented out, it does not.

I have looked at the iptables -L output, and there is no other rules that has both
source-ports and dest-ports set to highports (1024:65535).

Bo