Re: newbie struggling with p-o-m in kernel 2.6

Okay, I've figured out a couple of things.

> - I grabbed patch-o-matic-ng-20040302, and tried it.  But it won't apply
> the condition and time patches, because both of them are marked 'linux
> < 2.6.0'.

By deleting the line 'Requires: linux < 2.6.0' from the info files for these
two parches, I got pom-ng to apply both of them to kernel 2.6.3 with
complaint.  The kernel then built with no trouble, although the option help
texts weren't available in 'make xconfig'.  However I haven't tested the
modules yet.  But it seems that at least these two extensions are close to
ready for kernel 2.6.

> - Even though I try to run runme in batch mode, it always asks where my
> iptables source code is.  Looking through the script, there doesn't seem
> to be an environment variable to set for that.

Looking through the runme script again, I figured out that we have a new
option for specifying the kernel and iptables source paths:

--path $KERNEL_DIR:$IPTABLES_DIR

Of course this needs to be documented for the user.  And, I should be able
to set an environment variable IPTABLES_DIR just as I do KERNEL_DIR, in
order to avoid typing the directories on the command line each time.