Re: How to build a better security setup for my problem?

On Saturday 13 March 2004 5:41 pm, Vlad H. wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
> I have to give internet access to a small group of users from a local
> network. Internet interface is eth0 and local lan interface is eth1. I
> guess these rules are ok for my intention:
>
> But I recently found out that mac address can be changed. So, I need a
> third security identifier for iptables or any other solution to increase
> security. Any clues on this? thx.

What is your concern?   What activity are you trying to prevent?   What
activity are you trying to allow (ie: what sort of access to the Internet do
you want to allow people - mail? web? ftp? telnet? ssh? etc...)

Antony.

--
Normal people think "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Engineers think "If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet".

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.