Re: Logging packets with original address

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 9:10 am, prabha wrote:

> Hi
>     I want to log some packets in the INPUT and FORWARD chains, but with
> the original address of the packets. (ie) with the destination address
> before any DNAT rule has been applied on the packet in the PREROUTING chain.

You cannot do this because packets pass through the INPUT chain after they
pass through PREROUTING.

>     When the packet comes to the INPUT / FORWARD chains, it will be
> after any DNAT has been applied.

Correct.

> I do not want the NATted address to be present in the logs, but the original
> address as the received interface saw it. Is this possible?

Put the LOG rule in the PREROUTING chain.

Regards,

Antony.

--
What is this talk of "software release"?
Our software evolves and matures until it is capable of escape, leaving a

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.