Re: Macimum number of rules?

Why so many rules?  Are you using a single rule per IP address to
implement a blocking filter?

My logic for dealing with the problem is simple:

Allow up to three rules per /24
On the fourth rule applied to a particular /24, assume that the whole
neighborhood has gone to pot and collapse four rules to one /24 rule.

As you find multiple rules blocking adjacent /24 rules, consolidate
them.

Pretty soon you will find you have ONE rule for 200.0.0.0/8, or perhaps
even 200.0.0.0/7.  There are other large blocks that will come out of
the process.

And you won't miss 'em, either.