Re: help, regarding advantages of custom chains

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, rohit persaie wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to know the advantates and disadvantages of
> using
> custom chains for managing packet flow.

	On the netfilter-devel list, you've asked: "i want to use
patch-o-matic, and also want to create a patch of my own.  please tell me
how to do it.", as well as "i wanna know exact differences between
netfilter and iptables...i wanna know full information at kernel level as
well as userlevel, it will be great if i can get a diagram...functional
diagram ... + description of files with are used."

	May I ask why you're placing these questions to the mailing lists?
	Cheers,
	- Bill

	"Assuming that piece of ear weighed about 1/2 an ounce, Bill
[Gates] could afford to eat 443.39 pounds of Evander Holyfield if he were
so inclined."
	-=- http://web.quuxuum.org/~evan/bgnw.html
(Courtesy of James Mastros <root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>)
William Stearns (wstearns@xxxxxxxxx).  Mason, Buildkernel, freedups, p0f,