RE: Anybody heard about UP&P ?

This sounds *really* fishy to me. Sounds to me like what they are
looking to do is setup a 1 to 1 NAT mapping (or possibly port
forwarding) to the host needing "remote assistance" and probably punch
open the filtering as well.

Do you know how how much access gets opened up? Any authentication or
encryption being used during the management session? Any guarantee that
the hole gets closed up when they are done? Any logging of the access as
well as what gets changed during the session?

You could always ask what level of access is required and just manually
create the rules yourself. At least that way you know what is going on.

I think I'm real glad Netfilter does not support this. Sounds like a
compromise waiting to happen.