RE: Anybody heard about UP&P ?

> UPNP means Universal Plug'n'Play. I guess WinXP looks to
> automagically reconfigure the NAT rules via upnp.
>
> No idea about the netfilter stuff myself I'm afraid.
>
> > From: Marc Rechté [mailto:mrechte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> >
> > To enable remote assistance from Internet of a WinXP PC on
> a LAN using
> > NAT one must have a UP&P NAT compatible router.
> >
> > Can Netfilter act as such a router, and if so do you have
> an idea of
> > the chain to apply ?

Netfilter doesn't do UPnP.

Maybe you can use this information :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q301529
http://www.pccitizen.com/remotecontrol.htm#C.%20XP%20Remote%20Assistance/Rem
ote%20Control

It says something about "opening up port 3389" but I don't know if it's tcp,
udp or both... I think that in your case you have to forward the packets
coming in from this port to your WinXP box.

Gr,
Rob