Re: Email Server Timeouts

Thanks, Antony.  Just because I do a thing, doesn't mean I know why I do
it :P

I (believe it or not) close those ports because I did not think anything
would use them, and I sort of approach the firewall as:
    + close everything
    + poke holes where needed

This may sound like a stupid question, but why aren't the SMTP and POP
ports sufficient?

For better or for worse, I only know enough to get the linux products I
use to work, and if something goes wrong, I usually take a week or two to
figure it out.  The company I work for doesn't have the cash to get me
trained, so anything I learn is typically self taught on live systems.

So I appreciate it when folks like yourself give me a direction to look
for answers.  Thanks a lot!

Let me say for the record that if I had my druthers, the firewall would be
a firewall and nothing else.  I'm simply constrained on resources, and
frankly I have bigger fish to fry.  I'll get back to it at some point this
year....