Re: PPTP port forwarding

Antony

Ok, thanks, but this setup with the NATed router worked with kernel 2.2.17, so where is the difference?

Regards
Wim

Antony Stone wrote:

On Thursday 19 February 2004 11:53 am, Wim Ceulemans wrote:

Hi

We have noticed a problem with PPTP forwarding not working as it should.

We have a system on kernel 2.4.24 with latest pom and iptables 1.2.9.
There is a port forwarding PPTP to a windows 2000 server behind the
firewall.

We noticed that when someone connects with PPTP the connection is closed
after 3 to 4 minutes. This problem only occurs if there is a router in
nat mode between the firewall and the internet. If the public ip is on
the firewall then this problem does not occur.

You cannot operate PPTP across a NATted connection without a special helper module (hence your need for pom as stated above).

If the other nat-mode router does not have a suitable helper for PPTP then you can't use this combination.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Wim Ceulemans
R&D Engineer

Secure Internet Communication with aXs Guard

aXs GUARD "à la Carte" at Infosecurity
Brussels Kart Expo
10-11 March 2004
stand 1.C.060
FREE registration click here:
http://www.databadge.nl/isbe2004/reg/reg.php?link=d9ca37ba1cb635dc2061

Able NV
Leuvensesteenweg 282 - B-3190 Boortmeerbeek - Belgium
Phone: + 32 15 50.44.00 - Fax: + 32 15 50.44.09
E-mail: wim.ceulemans@xxxxxxx

-- --- Security check and anti-virus control on this e-mail has been done by aXs GUARD (http://www.axsguard.com)