Re: Use mode Netfiler

On Thursday 19 February 2004 11:10 am, Sood, Ashish wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to extend the netfilter to user mode.

Why?   Surely a usermode version would be (a) less efficient, with all the
context switching involved, and (b) less secure, because the code is out in
userland instead of protected inside kernelspace?

Efficiency and security seem both desirable qualities for a firewall.

Regards,

Antony.

--
In Heaven, the police are British, the chefs are Italian, the beer is Belgian,
the mechanics are German, the lovers are French, the entertainment is

In Hell, the police are German, the chefs are British, the beer is American,
the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, the entertainment is Belgian,
and everything is organised by the Italians.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.