Re: Instructions on how to redirect port 80 to port 8080

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 7:10 pm, Alexis wrote:

> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to
> x.x.x.x:8080

You might prefer to use REDIRECT - it's like DNAT, but only allows you to
specify the port number, and forces the IP address to the local machine:

iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -d a.b.c.d -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to
8080

(Note that I've added a "-d a.b.c.d" where a.b.c.d is the IP address of the
machine with the rule on it - otherwise it would redirect *all* TCP port 80
traffic, whether it was originally addressed to this machine or somewhere
else.)

Regards,

Antony.

--
These clients are often infected by viruses or other malware and need to be
fixed.  If not, the user at that client needs to be fixed...