Re: Routing problem

I'll try to express it more clearly, since you're not the only one who
didn't get me right :-)

The link between the carrier and the linux box happens using WAN addresses,
ie. 172.x.y.1 (them) <--> 172.x.y.99 (us). All traffic is exchanged using
those two addresses - they just won't route traffic not being routed from
172.x.y.99.

We own *5* public addresses, and they route the traffic to all those
addresses via 172.x.y.99 (our router).

The route also has 192.168.21.1 on another NIC, which is connected to our
own LAN. It also has our first public address - so traffic we generate to
internet uses this public address, and traffic coming from internet goes to
this public address. (being routed through the 172.x.y.z) addresses.

OK, so I said we have 5 public addresses, one being used for the router for
general internet access and 4 spare.

So far, when I needed someone to have a public IP (whatever the reason), I
just said in iptables "all packets from this internal IP address goes out
using this external IP address, and all packets coming from the outside for
this external address we send to this internal IP". Works fine.

Problem is, we have a specific situation where the real IP of the computer
behind the firewall matters, because it's used as part of the signature. So
I need this computer to actually *own* the address, and have the router just
forward the traffic from one interface to the other with no NAT whatsoever.

Just for the record, our user is a SAP employee who needs to access the SAP
internal network from our office. They have a setup to allow workers to
connect from home, etc, but obviously they didn't thought they could connect
from another LAN...