Re: Apply rules to 1 UDP port but port used as a socket: possible?

On Tuesday 10 February 2004 1:16 pm, zze-Proxy GRALL O ext FTRD/SVA/LAN wrote:

> Hello to IPTables users,
>
> I'm trying to use a socket (on port 1727) to decode some proprietary UDP
> packets. When I've decoded them I want to apply a DNAT rule (and then a
> SNAT  too) to this port using a filter on @IP:port source for all
> following packets...

I *think* what you're saying is that you want to receive packets on a socket
bound to port 1727, and *then* you want to NAT the packets (which happens in
the kernel, around about the routing stage, before they're handed over to a
listening socket....).

If this interpretation is correct, then the very least reason why you can't do
what you want is because once the packets have been accepted by a socket,
they're no longer available to netfilter to be NATted, because they've
already been delivered.

Have I misunderstood what you're trying to do?   Or are you really trying to
redirect packets after they've arrived at their destination?

Antony.

--
Ramdisk is not an installation procedure.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.