Re: Strange behavior on the list

Florian Boelstler wrote:

> Marc Fargas wrote:
> > When you ask M$ Outlook to reply a mesage in the lists it replays
> > to the original sender nor the list itself. That shouldn't be
> > that way, should?
>
> This also happens with Mozilla 1.5 on Debian/Sarge.
>
> AFAIK, if "Reply-To" does not exist, it uses the sender's address
> always.

Not necessarily - if you use a *decent* mailer (like mutt on Linux) it
finds the
header and uses that to send your mail if you type "L" (list reply),
while a "R" (reply) goes to the sender of the mail you are replying to.
"U" unsubscribes me, and other nice features. Sadly only a few mailers
use the List-* headers.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/