Re: Problem setting Default policy 'DROP'

On Sunday 01 February 2004 7:39 am, ads nat wrote:

> Script changes default policy of INPUT, OUTPUT and
> FORWARD to DROP. When I change default to DROP in my
> script my connection drops.
>
> Any idea what should be problem?

This indicates that your ruleset does not have an ACCEPT rule for "your
connection".

I suggest you leave the default policy at ACCEPT, add a LOG rule at the end of
the chain (presumably INPUT, if you're talking about your connection to the
firewall itself), and then see what packets get LOGged as a result of
continuing to use your connection.

Whatever gets LOGged will tell you what you need to add a rule to ACCEPT.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Documentation is like sex.