RE: Multihomed firewall/router

It should be pretty simple.  Basically, you want to stop forwarding:

iptables -t filter -P FORWARD DROP

Then you want to only allow forwarding out eth0 for external 'net
traffic:

iptables -t filter -j ACCEPT -o eth0 -m state --satte NEW
iptables -t filter -j ACCEPT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED

Translation:

Only allow 'new' to be forwarded to the real world, only allow existing
or related back in.

eth[1-3] won't be able to talk to each other because of the Policy on
the Forward chain.

The INPUT and OUTPUT chains don't really need any changing, as they
aren't touched for talking between interfaces.

>The firewall is running a caching dns server(djbdns)
>on eth1.  It also provides dhcp leases, and ntp
>services on eth1-3.
>
>I have also noticed that when I flush the tables and
>delete the chains.  Nat is still provided, i.e. I can
>still connect to the internet.

This is because the NAT rules are in the 'nat' table, not in the
'filter' table.

>Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated.

Hope this helps some..