Re: Rules for DNS

On Thursday 29 January 2004 3:25 pm, David C. Hart wrote:

> I am terribly confused about what I need to accept and reject and the
> associated IPTables rules for Bind to work properly without exposing our
> server to exploits. Right now, I'm pretty much accepting all traffic to
> and from port 53 and that's "probably" not a good thing. I'm running
> IPtables on the same machine running Bind.

Allow traffic to TCP & UDP ports 53 on your DNS server, but secure it in
/etc/named.conf using the info at http://www.isc.org under BIND - hint: stop
people from doing zone transfers or domain updates.

Antony.

--
I want to build a machine that will be proud of me.

 - Danny Hillis, creator of The Connection Machine

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.