Re: Destination NAT

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 2:21 pm, Alejandro Zaidel wrote:

> Can I address a packet to more than one IP address at the same time ??
>
> I have   iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -j DNAT --to
> 5.6.7.8-5.6.7.10  as an example, but I want to send the packets to both 7.8
> and also 7.10
>
> Is it possible to do ???

No.   You cannot use netfilter to create duplicates of packets.   Netfilter
will perform various operations on the packets which exit, but it won't make
multiple versions of what was originally one packet.

Regards,

Antony.

--
There are two possible outcomes:

 If the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement.
 If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you've made a discovery.

 - Enrico Fermi

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.