Re: Beginners Luck??

> It could be that you are blocking traffic to or from 'lo' or localhost.
> Make sure that you leave this alone. I know that java often uses ports
> for various mickel-muck. Anyways, also does port 6000 work correctly?
> Maybe if you described your base rules, I could tell you where you're
> problem is originating from.

That would make sense... as for 6000 not sure.

Forwarning this firewall is based on Robert L. Ziegler's book "Linux
Firewalls". The book is by and large good, but ... heck I haven't done this
before :).

Reason it is called stage2 is that i am planning to run a deny be default
script at startup ... thought that seems useless now that i've been thinking
about it, since i can just raise the firewall via if-up.

--
with kind regards,
  Christian Unger

  Alt. Email:  chakkerz_dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx