Re: ip_conntrack and ipt_conntrack

On Friday 23 January 2004 2:22 am, Rodre Ghorashi-Zadeh wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was hoping that someone could tell me the difference between these two
> modules and what they are each used for. Thanks in advance.

ip_conntrack does connection tracking for various protocols, placing entries
in the conntrack table and recognising "related" packets etc.

ipt_conntrack is the connection tracking state match, which allows you to
write rules matching the state of a connection, eg:

iptables -I FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

Regards,

Antony.

--
Anything that improbable is effectively impossible.

 - Murray Gell-Mann, Novel Prizewinner in Physics

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.