Re: Strange logs...

> That is just plain wrong.   You should not need a connection to your
external
> router in order to ping between two internal machines (assuming you are
> pinging the real IP addresses, and not relying on a DNS lookup or
something).

Indeed....

> Your IRQ/address etc setup looks fine to me, however there is clearly
> something weird about the network hardware arrangement for you to get the
> above-described ping behaviour.

Such as the router and the switch being connected for no reason? I was
obviously on crack when I set that up.... just found out that was the
problem.... strange that everything would work perfectly for hours then stop
working for minutes, etc... probably a table filling up in the switch or the
router or both :-)

Well, I made you waste a few minutes and wasted a nice sunday morning doing
this instead of being with my girlfriend, on the bright side I got a spare
network cable, give me your address if you want a slice :-)

Thanks!