From: Chris Brenton <cbrenton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Martin Leduc <marled3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problem behind my DMZ
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 21:27:42 -0500

Greetings!

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 19:19, Martin Leduc wrote:

> One of my server is DNS.  My trouble is if I tried to send Email FROM
> one of this third server, my DNS return to sender server the public IP
> and my Email as send to my firewall, not my internal Server.

Common problem. You have two potential solutions:

1) Use public IPs on your DMZ/service network. This will also give you a
performance boost as you will drop the NAT overhead. You don't mention
how many legal IPs you have, but if you have enough address space to
carve off a /29 or /28 for your DMZ, this would be your best bet.

2) Use split DNS. Setup another name server that is accessible only from
internal systems and populate it with your private addresses.

HTH,

MSN Search, le moteur de recherche qui pense comme vous ! http://fr.ca.search.msn.com/