Re: public ip on LAN

Dear Antony,

1. Do your clients *really* need public IPs on the machines themselves, or is
it sufficient if you use NAT and ensure that packets to some public IP reach
a specific client, and packets from that client have the public IP when they
return to the Internet?   What protocols / services are you using which
require public IPs on the client machines?

Well my clients wants to use Voip / Webserver and other VPN applications .
So they need public ip .

2. We can't answer your question in any detail without more information about
the topology of your network, in particular whether your ISP provides a small
subnet to you, terminated at your netfilter machine, or whether that subnet
block can be routed across the netfilter machine so that thLet me explain
on My LAN i have ip address - 172.16.1.1
subnet - 255.255.0.0
on My WAN i have ipaddress - 203.122.51.178
subnet - 255.255.255.240

Yes i have read many things , but didn't find the solution.

Regards
Amit