Re: Ipchains and Webmin

c0nd0r@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello,

I need help for an iptables rule : I'im using following /etc/sysconfig/iptables file ::
www.kingsoc.de/firewall It works fine, since it filters what i should. But I got one problem. I
want to manage the Box with Webmin on port 10000 over Lan from the IP
192.168.168.6.
Could someone help me on making that possible ?

I haven't looked at your rules, but all you need to do after installing the Webmin package is open up dport 10000 on the INPUT chain to allow the remote host to connect. Something like this should work:

iptables -A INPUT -s 192.168.168.6 -p tcp --dport 10000 -j ACCEPT

I'll warn you that Webmin is pretty slow and tedious if you need to make a lot of changes, but it seems to work well.

Jeff