From: Antony Stone [mailto:Antony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 11:23 AM
To: Netfilter (E-mail)
Subject: Re: logging to console

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 3:59 pm, Hurley, Michael wrote:

> Using iptables 1.2.8-8.72.3 on Red Hat Linux 7.3, kernel 2.4.20-20.7.
>
> Haven't found a solution to this so far: iptables LOG is logging to
> console. This only occurs on the consoles directly connected to the
> machine. Logging in remotely does not have this problem.

Try using the numeric values in your netfilter LOG rules instead of the
words
notice and warning for the log-level.

Antony.

--
"Note: Windows 98, Windows 98SE and Windows 95 are not affected by [MS
Blaster].   However, these products are no longer supported.   Users of

(which *are* affected by MS Blaster...)

http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp

                                                     Please reply to the
list;