Re: DNATing packets sent to the NATing box

> > I'm really replacing the DNAT rule with the LOG one (only rule in the chain
> > is the LOG one)

> If there are no other rules in the nat PREROUTING chain and assuming that you
> don't have and mangle PREROUTING rules (you don't, do you?) then that log
> rule will see every single packet that comes in off the wire. Try this:

> iptables -A PREROUTING -p all -j LOG --log-prefix "PREROUTING: "

I do:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp -j LOG --log-prefix "PREROUTING: "
iptables -t filter -A INPUT -p udp -j LOG --log-prefix "INPUT: "

(I'm logged in that box via ssh, so I prefer not to do -p all)

There are no more rules than these ones.

In the log I see the INPUT ones but not the PREROUTING (only see on
PREROUTING packets to port 137, maybe some worm...)

> You should see tons output in /var/log/messages including the packets you're
> looking for. If the packets aren't there, then they aren't making it to the
> box.

But the packets got to the INPUT rule, that should be after PREROUTING. And
got to my socket.

> Jeff

Saludos,
					HoraPe