Re: DNATing packets sent to the NATing box

On December 14, 2003 08:52 am, horape@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > Yes, and I've added a rule like this:
> > > /sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -j LOG and don't see the packets.
> >
> > 	Ummmm
> >     if you ADD the rule above after the rule that is re-routing the
> > packet, no ... you wont see the packets.  Try
> > 	iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING (line number)
> > 	where (line number) is less than the line on which your DNAT line
> > occurrs. (see iptables -t nat --line-numbers -v )
>
> I'm really replacing the DNAT rule with the LOG one (only rule in the chain
> is the LOG one)

	This sounds *very* strange.  Perhaps more detail would give those on the list
a chance to determine what your problem is.
	More detail of what the proxy is and more detail about your system setup
would likely help us determine what course of action you need to take.