Re: Can't get port forwarding DNAT to work

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i ppp0 -p tcp --dport 25 -j DNAT --to
192.168.0.4:25
# forward smtp traffic to mail server

Now you've changed the destination of the packets. Have you allowed the packets to get to the destination. You need an equivalent rule in FORWARD to let those DNATTED packets IN. ...

Indeed, this was my problem, which I figured out after I sent this message. Personally I think section 4.2 of the NAT HOWTO ought to mention this, since it seems to imply you need only the one rule.

Evan Harper