Leaky ip_conntrack_ftp in Red Hat kernels

I am working on tracking down a 'leak' in ip_conntrack_ftp in the RHL
7.x kernels that we are seeing on several FTP servers. The leak seems to
occur with some servers that have automated cron jobs that get updates
every hour. What happens is that as time goes on, we see a larger
disconnect between /proc/slabinfo and /proc/net/ip_conntrack.
ip_conntrack will state that it has only 2-4 entries in it, but the
kernel will state that it has run out of entries and looking at the
/proc/slabinfo we see it has filled up and isnt releasing any entries.

By various testing of putting all the rules to ACCEPT and keeping the
modules in, and then removing a module at a time, I have gotten it down
to something in the ip_conntrack_ftp. Having the module in the system
will eat up the standard number of entries within 20 hours. I am trying
to figure out where to proceed next in order to help fix:

1) Try a recompiled kernel with POM-20030912 and see if it works?
2) Try some sort of flag to get more info?
3) Anything else?

The kernel is Red Hat's patched 2.4.20-24.7

Thanks (and thankyou all for your work).

--
Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen@xxxxxxxx
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645