Re: dnatted interface showing up as FW interface

On Thursday 11 December 2003 4:38 pm, Knight, Steve wrote:

> Ah, OK - so I need to do a SNAT rule for JUST that host?

If you want packets from one host to have a specific source address when they
leave the firewall, and packets from other machines to have a different
source address, then yes, you need two SNAT rules.

> Never read about DNAT and SNAT - although I did consider it to be a logical
> way of dealing with it...

I highly recommend the tutorials and Howtos listed on the netfilter website.
Understanding what you're doing and why you're doing it is rather important
with firewalls - otherwise you might not have the security you think you
have....

Antony.

--
Anyone that's normal doesn't really achieve much.

 - Mark Blair, Australian rocket engineer

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.