Re: dnatted interface showing up as FW interface

On Thursday 11 December 2003 4:20 pm, Knight, Steve wrote:

> Why would an address that DNATs quite happily inbound
>
> 217.x.x.138 -> 192.168.1.2
>
> show up as the router address when performing outbound traffic - for
> example when delivering mail it is connecting from 137, instead of 138?

Probably because you have a general-purpose SNAT rule for outbound packets,
setting the source address on everything to 217.x.x.137?

> Is there a forward rule I've forgotten?  Or do I need to do another DNAT
> rule translating 192.168.1.2 -> 217.79.119.138?

Change DNAT into SNAT in the above sentence, and yes.

Antony.

--
The first fifty percent of an engineering project takes ninety percent of the
time, and the remaining fifty percent takes another ninety percent of the

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.