Re: dnatted interface showing up as FW interface

Hello,

	Do you have multiple external IP addresses ? If so the default my NAT out going connections to the primary external IP. All inbound connections that get DNATed (217.x.x.138 -> 192.168.1.2) would return from 217.x.x.138 because they are part of a already established connection.

Michael.

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:20:01 -0000
"Knight, Steve" <Steve.Knight@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hi list - hope everyone's feeling christmassy!
>
> This is another of my dumbo questions, I've had a good look through the
> archives and googled but haven't turned up much helpful [maybe my search
> syntax wasn't good?], so ....
>
> Why would an address that DNATs quite happily inbound
>
> 217.x.x.138 -> 192.168.1.2
>
> show up as the router address when performing outbound traffic - for example
> when delivering mail it is connecting from 137, instead of 138?
>
> Is there a forward rule I've forgotten?  Or do I need to do another DNAT
> rule translating 192.168.1.2 -> 217.79.119.138?
>
> Thanks for any pointers
>
> Steve

> Information in this email may be privileged, confidential and is
> intended exclusively for the addressee.  The views expressed may
> not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator.
> If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by return
> e-mail and delete it from your system.  You should not reproduce,
> distribute, store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone.
>
> Please note we reserve the right to monitor all e-mail
> communication through our internal and external networks.

Michael Gale
Network Administrator
Utilitran Corporation