RE: TCP redirect external to external host

As long as the host1 is the default route for host2, then you do not need the SNAT rule. Otherwise, you're SOL.

Maybe you could cook up something with BGP but I wouldn't have a clue on how that would work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Örjan Persson [mailto:orange@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 11:04 AM
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: TCP redirect external to external host

Hello,

I would like to redirect incoming traffic on host1:33 to host2:44!

Tried to find information about this for a day now but all I come up with is the DNAT/SNAT solution. The problem with this is when the final packet arrives at the host2 it thinks that host1 sends them.

Is there a way to keep the senders IP?

Thanks in advance,
Örjan