Re: Dlink DFE-580TX (4port)

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 8:22 am, Paulo Andre wrote:

> Hi, this is somewhat netfilter related so I hope this is fine.
>
> I have a firewall that had the above mentioned card. I have been using this
> card for sometime and it works great.
> Last week I tried to IP alias a port for nat'ing, and the connection will
> come up and transfer some data then it will slow down immensly, nearly to a
> stand still.
> I tried IP aliasing the port with IP address'es in the same range and
> different range.
> Could the problem be link to netfilter and connection tracking? What could
> I do to pin point the exact problem.

I've used these D-Link cards, and haven't found their performance any
different from others (such as the older DFE-570TX with the nice Dec Tulip
chipset); however I've not tried to max out the bandwidth - I'm normally
dealing with an Internet link of <2Mbps and very little local inter-subnet
traffic.

Can you try a different card (either another DFE-580, or something other than
a DFE-580, or four single port cards) to see whether the problem really is
tied to the card?

I can't quite see why a particular card would work normally but have a problem
with IP aliasing...

Antony.

--
How I want a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy chapters involving
quantum mechanics.

 - 3.14159265358979

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.