Dlink DFE-580TX (4port)

Hi, this is somewhat netfilter related so I hope this is fine.

I have a firewall that had the above mentioned card. I have been using this
card for sometime and it works great.
Last week I tried to IP alias a port for nat'ing, and the connection will come
up and transfer some data then it will slow down immensly, nearly to a stand
still.
I tried IP aliasing the port with IP address'es in the same range and
different range.
Could the problem be link to netfilter and connection tracking? What could I
do to pin point the exact problem.

Paulo