default policies for the NAT chains

Hello,

	Ok -- I had my firewall working perfectly with a default policy in affect:
iptables -P INPUT DROP
iptables -P OUTPUT DROP
iptables -P FORWARD DROP

It was also working great for the 22 virtual IP addresses.

I then though about the NAT chains (PREROUTING,OUTPUT and POSTROUTING) and figured they should have a default policy as well.

I added that to the list and not I can not start a out going connection from the firewall.

So my question is do I need default policies for the NAT chains ? If so it would seem like I need some rules added twice ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

--
Michael Gale
Network Administrator