Invalid argument in -j SNAT

Hello All,

After N iterations of compiling kernel, installing iptables, applying
patch-o-matic...

the following command in a script from NAT HOWTO failed to execute
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j SNAT --to-source XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
with an error "iptables: Invalid argument" I suspect, that an argument
is XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
yesterday everything was fine (even more - it used to work with
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE but now
to the command -j MASQUERADE it says - "iptables: Invalid argument")
ok
I changed -j MASQUERADE to -j SNAT - it demanded --to-source
I issued the above and got stuck on that

Anybody has a clue on it?
Debian 3.0
iptables v1.2.9
kernel 2.4.22

I even tryed to reboot with an old kernel - the result is the same.
Please help

--

Oleg                          mailto:savostyanov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx