netfilter functions

Hello Mr. Russel

Forgive me for botherig you, but I found your name on many netfilter documents and I hope you can help me.
I am a student in computer science in the fourth year and I have as a project to make a firewall in C for linux.
The problem I encountered in trying to do my work is that I can't find anywhere some specific documentation about the netfilter functions and  their parameters. I undersatand how to use NF_IP_LOCAL_IN,  for example, but I can't realise the way it really works and how to call the function .
Thank you for the patience of reading my clumsy mail and I hope you can  help me.

Ruxandra B.

Do you Yahoo!?