ipq_read() error

Hi all,
I am using libipq in a C++ program to intercept packets destined to a particular host at the Forward hook : the rule "iptables -A FORWARD -j QUEUE -d <IPdest>" is installed.
The program waits on multiple file descriptors using select() and, when input data gets available on the IPQ netlink socket, it gets the IP packet using ipq_read() and sets the verdict to NF_DROP. It works well except that sometimes ipq_read returns with the error IPQ_ERR_RECV "Failed to receive netlink message" and errno 105-ENOBUFS "no buffer space available". I've tried to change the kernel parameter net.ipv4.ip_queue_maxlen but it seems to have no effect: the entry /proc/net/ip_queue always shows a queue max length of 1024.
Environment: kernel 2.4.20, iptables[-devel]-1.2.6a
Could anyone explain me the reason of this error? Are any packets dropped when the error occurs? How can I solve it?
Thanks for help,
Sylvie

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content **