Re: TWO ROUTING

On Thursday 20 November 2003 1:28 pm, Jeffrey Laramie wrote:

> José Gomes wrote:
> >
> > I Need to setup one Linux box with 3 Nics and two valid ip address, my
> > question is:
> >
> > Nic1: 192.168.14.0/24
> >
> > Nic2: 200.204.x.x/29 route to internet
> >
> > Nic3: 200.171.x.x/29 route to internet
> >
> > How can both Ips with different routes response to requests with both
> > routes enable ???
>
> I'm not clear what it is you're asking. Setting routes doesn't involve
> iptables or netfilter. If you could give some more information we can
> try to help.

I think he's simply asking whether Linux can use two default routes on one
machine at the same time.

Agreed, not a netfilter question, but I see the same thing asked on the Squid
mailing list too....

Antony.

--

If you think you see a Heffalump in a trap,
make sure it isn't really a Bear with an empty honey jar stuck on his head.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.