Re: Squid start problem

On Wednesday 19 November 2003 6:20 am, Lawrence Tang wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I had just finish install RH9.0 and try to activate the SQUID. When I
> activate the service, it showing the following message. Please advice.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> squid failed. The error was: init_cache_dir /var/spool/squid...
> /etc/init.d/squid: line 162: 2098 Aborted $SQUID -z -F -D 2>/dev/null
>
> Starting squid: /etc/init.d/squid: line 162: 2099 Aborted $SQUID
> $SQUID_OPTS 2>/dev/null
>
> [FAILED]

I recommend you ask this question on the Squid mailing list, not the
Netfilter one - there are likely to be more people there who can answer it :)

By the way, if you do post the question there, include any further details
which get output in your syslog or squid.log files too.

Antony.

--

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and
professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones.

It is NOT portable , and it probably never will support anything other than
AT-harddisks, as that's all I have :-(."

 - Excerpt from posting to comp.os.minix by Linus Torvalds, 25 Aug 1991
                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.